Store huge amounts of data locally with our range of powerful, flexible server options.
Many solutions perform better when data is stored locally. And the need to store huge amounts of data with uninterrupted availability and reliability calls for a flexible, scalable, high-performing solution. With this in mind, PEER 1 Hosting developed the TurboMass range of powerful Storage Servers driven by high-performance processors and available at very affordable prices.
Features and Benefits
- Peak performance power delivers immediate response from database applications, web servers, and more.
- highly scalable solution supports up to 16 hard disks with 32 terabytes of storage.
- Array of high-performance storage options to further optimize and simplify your storage solution.
- Create hybrid storage solutions customized to fit your exact requirements. Create RAID sets of SSD drives, SAS drives, or SATA drives.
Choose from any of the following TurboMass Storage Server configurations from PEER 1 Hosting.
These provide outstanding performance for multi-threaded applications in a multitasking environment. They provide up to four cores with eight threads of processing capabilities and can support up to 32GB of RAM. They're ideal for use in medium traffic applications, or where the TurboMass unit will perform dedicated tasks such as serving files and photos.
Ideal for use in database or application server configurations, our Pro Servers support heavy loads for data processing or website visitors. Providing four cores and eight threads per processor, and capable of running in dual processor configurations, they're an economical choice for those requiring more power than is provided by the Advanced Server.
In a Dual Processor configuration, this solution can support up to 96GB of RAM. Choose the Pro Server for applications that require hefty computing resources to process your data.
SAS or SATA Disks
Configure up to 16 SATA or SAS disk drives, depending on your specific requirements in terms of capacity vs. performance.
Available Operating Systems
- Windows 2003 R2 32Bit or 64Bit – Standard or Enterprise
- Windows 2008 32Bit – Web, Standard or Data Center
- Windows 2008 R2 64Bit – Web, Standard, Enterprise or Data Center
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5 – 32Bit or 64Bit
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 – 32Bit or 64Bit
Supported Control Panels
- Parallels® Plesk Panel
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
Storage and Backups
- FastMirror SAN Backup
- GroundUp Recovery with Cristie®
- Storage Area Network
- TSM for Databases
- Offsite Data Backups
Various levels of RAID implementation are available. Which one you choose depends on your storage and retrieval requirements, and your storage server configuration.