Managed and cloud hosting provider poised for significant growth
Vancouver, BC – July 18th , 2012 – PEER 1 Hosting, (TSX:PIX), the global IT hosting provider, continues to gain traction as a key player in the international web hosting market, revealing that revenue for the nine months ended March 31, 2012 increased to $99.17 million USD.
After a record year, the Vancouver-based company is poised for continued growth.
“We have seen significant growth in North America and overseas in the past twelve months,” said Fabio Banducci, President and CEO, PEER 1 Hosting. “That success couldn’t have been achieved without our people. Our people and their tireless dedication to superior customer service is the reason why companies around the globe are turning to PEER 1 Hosting to realize the potential of the internet.”
Key achievements in the past 12 months include:
- The acquisition of NetBenefit. PEER 1 Hosting has completed the acquisition of all outstanding shares in the capital of NetBenefit (UK) Limited (“NetBenefit”), a UK-based managed hosting company. The acquisition positions PEER 1 Hosting as one of two leading providers of SME Managed Hosting services in the UK and creates a platform to support its growth in Europe.
- Customers. Strong customer relationships have seen PEER 1 Hosting achieve a Net Promoter Score of +36 – 5 times the IT services average of 7. Priding itself on its commitment to outstanding customer service, PEER 1 Hosting has secured a range of eCommerce customer wins to provide hosting to leading retailers around the globe, including Bang & Olufsen, Debenhams and Waitrose.
- Data centre growth. To accommodate demand from customers, PEER 1 Hosting expanded their existing Los Angeles data centre facility. The additional space will allow PEER 1 Hosting to offer approximately 3,000 servers of additional capacity to its high end managed hosting and dedicated hosting customers that demand a West coast presence with direct connectivity to the Asia-Pacific Rim. Across the pond, PEER 1 Hosting invested in a new state-of-the-art data centre in Portsmouth, UK. Opened in October 2011, the data centre is the most energy efficient in the UK and offers managed hosting, dedicated hosting, co-location and professional grade cloud services.
- Investing in people. Over the last 12 months, PEER 1 Hosting has doubled its headcount and now employs 500+ people in 20 datacenter facilities, across13 cities within North America and Europe. PEER 1 has plans to grow by an additional 50% in the next year.
PEER 1 Hosting has achieved numerous milestones in the last year in North America, including:
- PEER 1 Hosting delivers Optimized Managed Hosting solution for Magento Enterprise Edition e-commerce storefronts
- PEER 1 Hosting launches new public cloud division Zunicore
- PEER 1 Hosting Enhances Referral Partner Program
- PEER 1 Hosting Selects Magento as Partner of the Year
- PEER 1 Hosting to acquire UK-based managed hosting provider
- PEER 1 Hosting launches powerful, on-demand HPC Cloud
- PEER 1 Hosting Achieves Global Level 1 PCI DSS Certification
About PEER 1 Hosting
PEER 1 Hosting is one of the world’s leading IT hosting providers. The company is built on two obsessions: Ping & People. Ping, represents its commitment to best-in-breed technology, founded on a high performance 10Gbps FastFiber Network™ connected by 20 state-of-the-art datacenters, 22 points-of-presence and 10 colocation facilities throughout North America and Europe. People, represents its commitment to delivering outstanding customer service to its more than 13,000 customers worldwide, backed by a 100 percent uptime guarantee and 24x7x365 FirstCall Support™. Info-Tech Research Group named PEER 1 Hosting as a “Champion” in its Canadian colocation and managed services Vendor Landscape report, recognizing the company’s strength in product offerings and enterprise strategy in the global IT marketplace. PEER 1 Hosting’s portfolio includes Managed Hosting, Dedicated Servers, Colocation and Cloud Services. Founded in 1999, the company is headquartered in Vancouver, Canada, with European operations headquartered in Southampton, UK. PEER 1 Hosting shares are traded on the TSX under the symbol PIX. For more information visit: www.peer1.com or www.peer1hosting.co.uk.