Protect your website from criminals and provide cast-iron reassurance for your customers.
Phishing scams and online fraud. It's no wonder online shoppers are nervous and cautious – this is not an environment that's conducive for shopping. However, you can address your customers' fears with a Symantec™ SSL Certificate through PEER 1 Hosting.
In short, an SSL Certificate confirms for your site visitors that you are an actual business and that it is safe for them to share personal data with your site. Sitting on a secure server it encrypts data like credit card numbers and other personal information preventing criminals from obtaining it for malicious reasons. It also confirms the identity of the website and the validity of the business, by providing information about the certificate holder, the domain that the certificate is issued to, the Certificate Authority who issued the certificate and the root country it was issued in.
Possessing an SSL Certificate is especially important if you operate any of the following:
- An e-commerce site that accepts online orders and credit cards
- A company intranet or extranet site that shares confidential information
- A site processing sensitive data such as birth dates, licenses, or ID numbers
- A site dealing with compliance with privacy and security requirements
Once your SSL Certificate is issued by Symantec, your site will display the Norton Secured Seal – the internationally recognized symbol for secure websites.
- Safely encrypt sensitive or transactional information
- Prove the authenticity and security of your site
- Also available: Extended Validation SSL Certificates with visible assurance