Just over an hour from London, the United Kingdom's greenest datacenter helps businesses across southern England save energy without sacrificing power and flexibility.
Features of the Green Datacenter
- Energy-efficient building minimises your carbon liability
- Designed especially for power-hungry high-density hosting platforms
- Customisable space for maximum flexibility
- BBC News: PEER 1 Hosting Green Datacenter
- The Whir: Web Host PEER 1 Building New UK Datacenter
- PR Newsire: PEER 1 Hosting building world-class datacentre in the UK
Minimal energy consumption
Building 5000 is the Greenest Datacenter in the United Kingdom. Its use will significantly reduce your company’s carbon consumption – an important consideration, as carbon allowance payments under the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme become a reality.
Power for Intensive Computing
With 11MVA of available power, Building 5000 far exceeds the capacity of the average datacenter. You can fit more processing power in less rack space with confidence.
The centre is built using a modular ‘pod’ system, each with its own discrete electrical room. This gives you total flexibility in your use of space.
Intelligent Pricing Plans
If buying space in the traditional way doesn’t give you enough flexibility, you can buy a power allocation for a flat per kW rate. And with racks ranging in power and cooling density from 2kW to 15kW, you can choose how to best use that allocation.
Easy to Get To
Portsmouth is ideally located for businesses right along the M3 corridor. And, it’s just an hour by car from London. So it’s great for colocation customers who need to upgrade or maintain their servers regularly.